Hello, I’m the Diabetes Elf.
My friends tell me that they want to find the best evidence about diabetes, but they don’t have the time to find or read all the stuff!
I will find just what you need to keep up-to-date with all of the important and reliable diabetes research and guidance.
You don’t have to waste time looking at dozens of websites and articles every week.
I will post updates every day with short and snappy summaries that highlight new and updated guidance, systematic reviews and key clinical trials that are relevant to diabetes care.
No jargon, no misinformation, no spin, just what you need.
Who is the Diabetes Elf?
My name is Douglas Badenoch, an information scientist with 15 years experience of evidence-based health care. I am a Founding Director of Minervation Ltd, a knowledge services consultancy specialising in evidence-based methods.
Since 2006 I have been searching for, appraising and summarising diabetes research evidence as part of my work and it struck me that:
- Most of the good stuff comes from relatively few sources,
- Good search filters can pick up the rest, but
- Even then, you spend a huge amount of time sifting through rubbish.
And that’s why I am doing The Diabetes Elf: to pick out the gems as I come across them and share them.
I scan the RSS output of the following sources:
- PubMed (systematic reviews and therapy filters for “diabetes”)
- American Diabetes Association
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Diabetes Health
- The Cochrane Library
- The Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- National Prescribing Centre Rapid Reviews
- Department of Health
- Scotlands Health on the Web Media Monitor
While I always do my best to provide you with the best quality information, you should be aware that I make no guarantees as to its accuracy or comprehensiveness. By using this website you signify your understanding of this clause.
Please use the comment form below if you’d like to ask me any questions or share your gems with me!
Douglas Badenoch, Director, Minervation Ltd.