The latest edition of Diabetes Care contains the most recent guidance from the American Diabetes Association.
These standards of care are intended to provide clinicians, patients, researchers, payers, and other interested individuals with the components of diabetes care, general treatment goals, and tools to evaluate the quality of care.
The guidelines address:
- Classification and diagnosis
- Testing for diabetes in asymptomatic patients
- Diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes care
- Prevention and management of complications
- Assessment of common comorbid conditions
- Diabetes care in specific populations and settings
- Strategies for improving diabetes care.
Users of this guidance should consider:
- Whether the guidelines apply to your setting.
- Whether they were developed in accordance with AGREE principles.
The full text is available from:
Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes—2012. Diabetes Care January 2012 vol. 35 no. Supplement 1. Note the existence of a correction