Diabetes UK has produced comprehensive nutritional guidelines for the prevention and management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
They contain important advice for adults in:
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes in high risk populations
- Management of type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Management of diabetic complications.
Users of this guidance should consider:
- Whether the guideline was developed in accordance with AGREE recommendations.
- Although the guideline was published in May 2011, it’s not clear when the literature search was carried out: relevant evidence may have been published since.
The full text of the guideline is available from the link below.